The Big Pine Unified School District is an expeditionary learning community dedicated to equipping all learners with the skills to be college and career ready and to contribute to making the world a better place.
- We are expeditionary learning schools.
- We meet the academic, creative, physical and emotional needs of our students with a diverse school program delivered in small class settings.
- We are a school district valued by our community and by our neighbors.
- We help students develop a positive and realistic vision for their futures.
- We have an engaging, project-based approach to learning.
- We provide a wide variety of effective support services for our students.
- We have an attractive, safe learning environment that fosters ownership and pride.
- We manage our fiscal resources to support our goals and to benefit our students and families, now and in the future.
- We are a school people chose to attend.
- a family-like environment that fosters acceptance.
- individual program and instruction for students.
- our strong network of relationships with students and families.
- the contributions of, and partnership with, our Native American community.
- staff communication and collaboration and teacher involvement in the community.
- positive character development; and students who become productive and independent citizens.
- learning opportunities that promote courage and adventure.
The district will meet the Three Dimensions of Student Achievement goals as stated in the EL Education Work Plan
- All students will acquire the knowledge and skills to be college and career ready.
- All students will develop Warrior Code character traits that enable them to contribute to making the world a better place.
- All students will create high-quality work for authentic purposes and audiences.
- All students will participate in a multi-level system of student engaged assessments.
The district will provide a safe, secure and healthy learning and working environment
- All students will have equal access to facilities, equipment, supplies and materials needed to support student learning.
- All students will have equal access to qualified teachers.
- All students will attend more than 90.0% of school days annually.
- All students will have opportunities to learn about and participate in healthy lifestyle and learning activities that promote courage and adventure.
The district will ensure that all students graduate from high school prepared for post-secondary and career options or earn a certificate of completion
- All students will complete "A-G" course requirements and a career technical education pathway.
- All students will effectively use technology to increase course access, learning and productivity.
- All students will develop habits of character needed to be college and career ready.
- All students will demonstrate ownership of their learning and confidence in their ability to present their knowledge.